Thursday, April 24, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration ~ May Day Basket


May Day is right around the corner. I can't believe we're already a quarter of the way through the year. WHAT? I am still in the flowery Easter mood, so I decided I would make a flower basket. I used a simple box pattern, but added a few special touches.

When I think of baskets, I think of basket weave. So, I decided to make my own, and it was actually pretty easy! I love how this little basket turned out. I think it's a perfect little decoration to celebrate the 1st of May!


How To Basket Weave:

*Basket weave strips are 1/2" wide. Each piece has been sponged with Baked Brown Sugar on the edges.

*Glue each piece down so it doesn't unravel when you run it through the Big Shot.


Add some flowers! Thanks to the Stampin' Up! Spiral Flower Die, I was able to make lots of cute little roses to add to my basket. I wanted a lot of variation in color, so I sponged ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock instead of using colored cardstock. Yes, it's a lot more work, but I really like how it turned out!






Supplies
Cardstock ~ Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Coastal Cabana
Ink ~ Strawberry Slush, Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, Bermuda Bay, Baked Brown Sugar
Stamp Sets ~ Ciao Baby, ABC - 123 Sketch Alphabet & Numbers
Tools ~ Big Shot, Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips, Deco Labels Collection Framelits, Designer Frames Embossing Folder, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, Paper Piercing Tool, Stampin' Piercing Mat, Sponges, Dimensionals, Hot Glue, Petite Curly Label, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Sticky Strip, Spiral Flower Die, Floral Wire, Floral Block, Floral (Easter) Grass
Embellishments ~ Pearls, Chevron Ribbon (Calypso Coral)

I really really enjoyed creating this basket and I hope I've inspired you to create your own little basket of flowers. Don't forget to stop by Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration to see some more April inspired creations!




















No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10