Thursday, January 16, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Birthday card! A Sweet Sorbet Birthday

Today at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration, we're highlighting Birthday cards! So, I decided to do something OUT of my comfort zone. A clean card. No distressing, no aging, no antiquing. Just clean lines. I'm quite surprised that I really like it! I am totally in {love}with the new Sweet Sorbet Designer series paper. It's available in the SALE-A-BRATION catalog from Stampin' Up! This paper just SCREAMED Happy Birthday to me. I'm also completely obsessed with the new stamp sets that are available in the Occasions catalog. Especially all of the amazing arrows! 

Take a quick minute and stop by Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration to check out some amazing Birthday cards!



{inside}

Supplies
Cardstock ~ Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party, Summer Starfruit, Basic Black, Whisper White
Designer Series Paper ~ Sweet Sorbet
Ink/Markers ~ Sahara Sand, Pool Party, Crisp Cantaloupe, Basic Black, Summer Starfruit, Chalk marker, Whisper White Craft ink
Stamp Sets ~ Peachy Keen, Geometrical, Hello Lovely, Chalk Talk
Tools ~ Chalk Talk Framelits, Artisan Label Punch, Stampin' Up! paper snips, Dimensionals, Sponge daubers


1. Using the Artisan Label punch, punch out two shapes and glue them together 

2. Cut out your pieces
Crisp Cantaloupe ~ 5 1/2 x 8 (makes a 4 x 5 1/2" card)
Pool Party ~ 3 7/8 x 5 5/8"
Sweet Sorbet DSP ~ 3 3/4" x 5 1/4"
Pool Party (strip) ~ 1 1/2" x 3 7/8"
Basic Black ~ 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"

3. Chalkboard effect ~ Using Whisper White craft ink and a sponge dauber, lightly swirl ink onto the cardstock. Smudge until smooth. Draw dotted line around the outside with the new Chalk marker.

4. Stamp arrows from Geometrical stamp set in Sahara Sand in opposite directions.

5. Stamp arrows from Peechy Keen and Hello Lovely in Crisp Cantaloupe and Pool Party and cut out with paper snips.

6. Stamp the "Happy Big Day" form the Chalk Talk stamp set in Summer Starfruit and cut out with paper snips. 

7. Using the Chevron stamp from the Geometrical stamp set, stamp with Whisper White craft ink onto the chalkboard. I used my Stamp-a-ma-jig to line them up perfectly. 

8. Assemble your card. Use Dimensionals underneath the "Happy Big Day" piece and the two arrows. You can just glue them on if you'd like, but this adds a little depth to the card. 

{Inside}

1. Cut Summer Starfruit cardstock to 3 7/8 x 5 5/8"
2. Cut Whisper White cardstock to 3 3/4" x 5 1/4"
3. Lightly stamp arrows from the Geometrical stamp set around the outside of the Whisper White piece.
4. Stamp "Hooray for Today" from the Geometrical stamp set in Basic Black. 
5. Stand back and smile, you did a fabulous job!

I hope you've found this helpful. I've noticed that I get so wrapped up in the project that I forget to take photos along the way. Let me know if you have any questions and I will gladly help you out. Thanks for stopping by!




6 comments:

  1. Great day card! I too love the sweet sorbet pack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card today and your write up! Great details! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card and love how to wrote up and showed the details on how to make your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card! I love the chalkboard panel with this DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Designer Paper will be on my next order. I love how wonderful the colors look. Chalkboard is so trendy right now and it looks great on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the use of it with the Chalk Talk stamps and the chevrons, awesome!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10