Thursday, June 12, 2014

So Long Hello Sailor ~ You're my Best Mate!

~So Long Hello Sailor~

I have to admit, I'm very upset that Stampin' Up! discontinued this stamp set. I really really love it and didn't get enough time to play with it. Yes, I could keep it... But I'm a current, in-the-now kinda girl.

This card was a blast to create. I know I've just about worn out the whole ship/nautical theme thing, but I just HAD to do it again. I love love love making these port holes. Especially the verdigris ones. 




I filled the shaker with blue beads that I picked up at the local craft store. I think it makes it look like water, which is perfect for this theme!


I built this port hole in 3 layers using the Circle Framelits Collection. I colored them with sponges and {Gorgeous Grunge}. SO EASY!

What I Used:
Cardstock ~ Whisper White, Bermuda Bay
Ink ~ Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate, Cajun Craze, Island Indigo
Stamp Sets ~ Hardwood, Gorgeous Grunge, The Open Sea, By the Tide, Hello Sailor, Perfect Pennants
Tools ~ Paper Snips, Paper Trimmer, Hearts a Flutter Framelits Collection, Banner Punch, Circle Collection Framelits, Clear Window Sheet, Sponges, Early Espresso Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Paper Piercing Tool, Shaker Frames (largest)
Embellishments ~ Brads, Hemp Twine (non SU)


No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10