Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Valentine Treats ~ A Class Act

I love Valentine's Day. The kids get so excited, especially since their classes have parties! Who doesn't love a party? I am lucky enough to get to help out at school for various things, and parties are my favorite too! So, I've been working very hard on treats for them to give to their friends. My daughter {Kylie} is in the 2nd grade and my son {Preston} is in preschool. I had a lot of treats to make, to say the least.

Preston only has 8 kids in his class. They are all boys! Can you imagine the craziness? I absolutely LOVE this class. It's always highly entertaining! I wanted something simple for them. They're going to rip into it anyway so I didn't want to put TOO much time into them. Here is what I came up with. I totally {dig} them!



Supplies
Cardstock ~ Real Red, Soft Sky, Whisper White
DSP ~ Fresh Prints
Ink ~ Real Red
Stamp Set ~ I Dig You (retired)
Tools ~ 3/16" corner punch, treat cups, hearts a flutter framelits, itty bitty banner framelits, dimensionals, glue, hole punch
Embellishments ~ red yarn from my stash. I think I got it at Wal-Mart and it matched PERFECTLY!


Kylie's class treats were a little more complicated. She wanted to give the boys an assortment of candy. For the girls, she wanted to give little mani/pedi kits. Because this was last minute and I couldn't order any little kits, I put a few things together for a fairly reasonable price. Little mini nail polishes, mini nail files, candy necklaces and a chocolate heart. I think I spent about $20 for the whole class! Here is what we came up with. They went together pretty easily. WHEW!



Supplies
Cardstock ~ Real Red, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White
DSP ~ Fresh Prints
Ink ~ Real Red
Stamp Set ~ Happy Valentine's Day (single stamp retired)
Tools ~ Hearts a Flutter framelits, Itty Bitty Banner Framelits, dimensionals, small oval punch, glue dots, glue


1 comment:

01 09 10