Monday, February 17, 2014

Easter Poppies

Easter is just around the corner. Can you believe it? It's crazy to think how quickly this year is going by. I remember when I was younger and impatient to be 16, my dad told me that time goes by faster and faster the older you get. Of course I thought he was exaggerating, but it turns out that he was right. I think time is flying by at mach speed!

With Easter on the horizon, I wanted to create a card that portrayed SPRING. To me, nothing says spring, more than bright beautiful flowers. I am absolutely IN LOVE with this {Pleasant Poppies} stamp. It has so many possibilities. I love possibilities! 

 I wanted to make these little beauties POP and stand out from the {Hardwood} background. They needed to be BRIGHT and cheery! To achieve that, I stamped them onto Whisper White cardstock, water colored them with a Blender Pen, then cut them out with my Paper Snips. Time consuming, yes. Worth it, definitely! 




Supplies
Cardstock ~ Pool Party, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White, Crisp Cantaloupe
Ink ~ Baked Brown Sugar, Lucky Limeade, Crisp Cantaloupe, Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, Black StazOn
Stamp Sets ~ Hardwood, Pleasant Poppies, Delightful Dozen, Happy Watercolor
Tools ~ Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips, Blender Pen, Deco Labels Framelits, Oval Framelits, Dimensionals, Adhesives
Embellishments ~ Crisp Cantaloupe yarn from the Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack (SAB catalog)


2 comments:

  1. Definitely worth all that snipping - those flowers look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty, You. Are. Killing it.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10