Friday, November 22, 2013

Bitter Sweet

It is BITTER cold outside. That's the bad news. The SWEET part is that Christmas is coming! It was 15 degrees out this morning when I went out to feed my horses. Poor little things! I wish I could bring them in the house, but for some reason my husband draws the line at the door. He just doesn't understand. Oh well..

So, I was in the Christmas spirit for this card. I had so much fun. I can't wait to get some more time to play around with all the ideas I have jam-packed in my head. I am a Christmas junkie. I turn on the tunes the day after Thanksgiving and (yes, while everyone is pushing and shoving on Black Friday) I decorate for Christmas. I'm not a traditional kind of girl though (If you haven't figured that out already...get with it!). I don't really like red and green. It's BORING! Why not add some pink and blue in there? And better yet, lets make it have a vintage feel to it. Yep, that's my kinda style.

Here is what I came up with. It's a little more green than I'd planned, but it has enough pink and blue in it to compensate for that.


Supplies:
Cardstock ~ Real Red, Very Vanilla
DSP ~ Everyday Enchantment (retired), Glimmer Paper
Ink ~ Baked Brown Sugar, Crumb Cake, Rose Red
Stamp Sets ~ Come to Bethlehem, Gorgeous Grunge
Embellishments ~ Pool Party button, brads dipped in Pool Party Embossing Powder
Misc ~ Cream ribbon, natural thread






No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10