Friday, August 9, 2013

Toil & Trouble... with a little Poison on the Side.

Woo Hoo! My Stampin' order came! I am finally getting my hands on Toil and Trouble. I am obsessed with skulls. I don't know why, but I love them. So, when the Holiday catalog came out, Toil and Trouble was the first on my wish list.

I had a lot of fun playing with it today. I have so many more ideas burning in my head. I created it for Try Stampin' on Tuesday's weekly challenge but I'm not sure it really fits with the sketch. I got a little off track. Oops! I decided to make my own paper. I think I'm going to call it MCP instead of DSP. Don't get me wrong, I love Stampin' Up! Designer Series Paper... BUT, everyone else has it too. I want to be different. Go figure. Here is what I came up with. I think it came together nicely.





Supplies:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla
Ink ~ More Mustard, Pear Pizzaz, Rich Razzleberry, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze
Stamp Sets ~ Off the Grid, Gorgeous Grunge, Toil and Trouble, misc. alphabet stamp set
***I did not use any SU embellisments for this card. 

I used the Brayer tool to make the More Mustard and Pear Pizzaz paper. I like the effect better than using SU cardstock.

Woo Hoo!!! This card received a special mention over at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!!!


1 comment:

  1. Amazing card! I love all your detail into every thing that has gone onto your card. Had to laugh when you said about maybe not quite sticking to the sketch - I seem to do that all the time - sketches to me are a staring point to inspire. Thanks for joining us this week at Try Stampin' On Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10