Friday, March 28, 2014

Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration ~ Friday Favorites


Happy Friday! Today at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration we're sharing a few of our favorite Stampin' Up! products.

I am a hardcore fan of {Hardwood}. I use it on so many cards. It is so versatile, the possibilities are endless. I also am in love with {The Open Sea} and the new {Hello Sailor} stamp sets. I really really enjoy making nautical cards and these sets are just SO much fun to play around with. Another couple favorites are Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay... oh I better add Baked Brown Sugar to that too. 

I decided to incorporate ALL of these into one card. I am a HUGE fan of metal work and the Verdigris patina that sometimes goes along with it. My husband and I visited St. Augustine, Florida a few years ago and went to the Old City. Talk about AMAZING pieces of history! One of the things that really struck me was the patina on the old canons at Castillo de San Marcos. That is what sparked the idea for this card. 



I wanted to create a "rust" effect on the port hole. I started with Whisper White cardstock and sponged on Coastal Cabana and Bermuda Bay. I then used the Gorgeous Grunge stamps and added Baked Brown Sugar and Cajun Craze. I think it really worked out well!


Supplies
Cardstock ~ Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White, Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Early Espresso Core'dinations, Coastal Cabana Core'dinations
DSP ~ Fresh Prints
Ink ~ Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Coastal Cabana, Bermuda Bay, So Saffron, Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral, Basic Black, Black Staz'On
Stamp Sets ~ Hardwood, The Open Sea, Gorgeous Grunge, Hello Sailor
Tools ~ Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Little Labels Punch Pack, Petite Curly Label,  punch, Modern Label punch, Banner punch, Circles Collection Framelits, Hearts a Flutter Framelits Paper Piercing Tool, Paper Snips, Paper Trimmer, Distress Tool, Sponges, Markers, Hot Glue, Window Sheet
Embellishments ~ copper brads, hemp twine

Finished Size ~ 3 1/2" x 7"

26 comments:

  1. The details in this card are stunning! Another amazing creation friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!! I love this! Awesome and stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Love this! Awesome and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is quit an amazing card! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is what I will say! BEAUTIFUL card! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word Melissa!!!!! Your talent amazes me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am seriously blown away at your creative ability! This card is absolutely stunning with all of the amazing details.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing results! I love all the detail you have put into this card. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with all of us!xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I very rarely post comments but I couldnt go past this one without remarking on how awesome it is. I am going to pinch some of your ideas myself. Totally awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I love how you made it look like REAL WOOD planks! Did you just use a Stampin' Write Marker to accentuate the "slats" and "nail heads"? I love the feel of this card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! I actually cut the {Hardwood} stamp up after I stamped it. Sponged the edges and then glued it down on the base of the card. After that I used SU markers to enhance the finish. I was able to space the planks further apart and I think it gave it more depth that way.

      Delete
  11. WOW! WOW! WOW! This is by fat the most beautiful card I have ever seen. An absolutely amazing piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an awesome card. I want to make one for my Dad for father's day. Can you tell me where you used the DSP on the card? Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a wonderful card. Can you tell me where you used the DSP on the card. I want to make one for Fathers day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you also tell me what you used to fill in the ship? Pencils or markers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa! The only DSP on this card is the coastal cabanna/white stripped paper from the Fresh Prints collection in the Spring Catalog. I created everything else with stamps. The ship is colored with markers.

      Delete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, WOW, WOW! This is amazing! You did an outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another stunning tour de force, Melissa! Your work is an inspiration to us all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Melissa, I came across your gorgeous card on Pinterest tonight. Even though it's been over a year I just had to comment and let you know that your card is breathtaking. I'm amazed at the beautiful effects you've achieved with ink and paper. I would pay to see a video of how you created this card. Your creativity and talent are artisan worthy! I would love to re-create this card but I couldn't do it justice. I might have to try :-). Thanks for sharing your incredible card and goodnight from Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i dont believe you created this card just with the punches shown above. the card is so amazing, i wish it was mine! so beautiful. just breathtaking. how did you do the doorknob... the round things? so tiny punches?

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10