Friday, March 7, 2014

Liebster Award Nomination!



So, this morning I was notified that I was given the Liebster Award. What is that? Well, it's a really fun award given to you by someone that thinks your blog rocks! It kind of reminds me of Friendship Bread. Ha! Kind of a weird way to look at it I guess. But you get the idea. Pass it along, share the love, and inspire till your heart is content! Thank you Cynthia from Ink-a-Doodle Creations for passing on this opportunity to me

There are "rules" to follow for this nomination, and here they are:
1. Be sure to thank the blog that nominated you and be sure to link back to their blog;
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you;
3. Nominate 11 of your favorite blogs with under 500 followers and ask your 11 questions;
4. Make sure to let each blogger know about your Liebster Award nomination on their blog (leave a comment and link back to your Liebster Blog post).

Now, I get to choose 11 blogs to share with you. These are some pretty amazingly talented ladies. It actually was really difficult to choose just 11. I have SO many blogs that I draw inspiration from. I hope you can check out each and every one of these blogs. Leave a little love, and sit back and just {be} inspired! 

1.  Breelin Renwick at Craft-Somnia Momma
2.  Heidi Boos at Stuck on Stampin'
3.  Diana Eichfeld at Stampin' Fun with Diana
4.  Erica Bass at Stamping Starlette
5.  Jenny Engelke at Giddy Stamper
6.  Melanie Schulenberg at Pockets of Inspiration
7. Cindy Brumbach at CindyLeeBeeDesigns
8.  Lisa Hensley at The Shabby Stamper
9.  Mui Hoang at Something for Everyone
10.  Karen Squires at Stampin' By The Bay
11.  Tanya Boser at Tinkerin In Ink with Tanya

Here are Cynthia's questions:

1.  How long have you been a demo with Stampin' Up!?
I have technically been a "Stampin' Up! Demonstrator" for 2 years. I don't really call myself a "Demonstrator" though. I think of myself as more of a Professional Crafter.

2.  What other hobbies do you enjoy besides paper crafting?
Ooooo that's a tough one. I think a list of the ones I don't do would be shorter. I enjoy just about ANYTHING that falls into the "crafting" category. Pinterest keeps me quite busy! I always have too many irons in the fire!

3.  What is your FAVORITE stamp set ever you just can't part with?
Hands down, Gorgeous Grunge! I use it for almost EVERY card I create!

4.  What is your favorite color combos to use?
This is a really difficult one for me because every new color combination I play around with becomes my new favorite. My CURRENT pick would have to be Strawberry Slush, Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party and Baked Brown Sugar.

5.  Where do you paper craft in your home (do you have your own room)?
Much to my husband's dismay, I've taken over his "Man Cave" Now, the only traces of Men are his bear rug and his buck hanging on the wall. Which, I'm working on moving. 

6.  What is your favorite technique to use on cards?
Distressing. I love to smudge, scrunch, tear, age, burn, roll corners and purposely destroy everything!

7.  Do you keep all your stamp sets when they retire?
Yes and no. I keep the ones that I continually use. The ones that go along with my "style" of stamping. I sell the ones I don't use at all. I keep a sticky note on each one and write the date last used. It's a little weird, but if I don't do that, I can't remember!

8.  Have you ever been to Convention with Stampin' Up!, if so how many times have you been?
Sadly, no. My husband is a Wheat Farmer and that is our busiest time of the year. With two little ones at home, it's impossible to sneak away for a week. I hope I can go in the next year or so when they're a bit older and easier on Grandma.

9.  How often do you get to paper craft?
Almost everyday. I CRAVE it. I am a night owl, so I sneak out to my craft room as soon as every one is in bed.

10. What is your favorite type of ribbon to use?
Hmmmm, that's a tough one for me. I don't use a lot of it. I guess I would say the Ruffled Trim. I've used it on the last few cards. It's so fun and versatile!

11. What is your favorite DSP to use?
As I look through all of my recent cards, I see a lot of Sweet Sorbet. It is SUCH a fun and colorful series!

Okay, now it's your turn. Here are your questions. I can't wait to see your answers!

1. What do you enjoy most about being a part of Stampin' Up!
2. Where do you draw most of your inspiration from?
3. What is your main style?
4. Do you participate in card challenges (sketch or color)?
5. How do you share your creations?
6. What is your favorite stamp set?
7. Do you prefer wood or clear stamp sets?
8. What tools or stamps would you hate to see retired?
9. Do you like to make 3-D projects? 
10. What Holiday is your favorite to create for?
11. What is your "go to" product?

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh! you are tooooooo sweet! thank you!! i am beyond honored!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10