Friday, January 30, 2015

Under the Sheltering Tree

Sympathy cards are never fun to make, but I am really happy with the way this one turned out. It actually turned out EXACTLY like what I had pictured in my head!

I really like the Sheltering Tree stamp set. It's a photopolymer, which is quickly becoming my favorite type to work with. They CLING very well to the stamping blocks!

The background was one big experiment. I started off by sponging on the colors, then I splattered water on it, then I covered the wet surface with salt and let it dry. I really like how it turned out. It almost has a Bokeh look to it.


Supplies
Cardstock ~ Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink ~ Night of Navy, Marina Mist, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Black StazOn
Stamp Set ~ Sheltering Tree
Also used ~ white embossing powder, dimensionals, window punch
Embellishments ~ Silver Sequins (from the holiday catalog), 1/8" Silver Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10