Friday, July 19, 2013

Clean and Simple... It's MADNESS!

Wheat harvest on the Farm is in full swing. Because of that, I am now allowed about 3 hours a week to make cards (boo!). I've been so behind in challenges this week, so I'm kind of cheating. Or killing two birds with one stone (sounds better than cheating). I combined two different blog challenges into one card. Work smarter, not harder right? I skipped over to the A.R.T blog to see what the new sketch was (Challenge #6.) It's pretty simple, but the challenge for me is that it has to be "Clean and Simple". Easier said than done. I don't do simple. I don't do clean. And rarely are my cards easy. I almost NEVER make a white card. Mainly because my inky fingers ruin it before it's finished.

What to do for color... I found the latest challenge at CASE Study Challenge Blog. CASE Study #150 is a kaleidoscope of color. Use color. Lots of color. Simple enough right? I sat in front of my ink for who knows how long. Pondering, changing my mind, getting frustrated... all of the many steps of frustration. Finally I decided on using the new In Colors. I wanted to keep it crisp and clean. Here is what I decided to do. I hope you like it. It's totally new for me. Oh, I did grunge it up just a little. I couldn't help myself. I'm through with purchasing DSP. It's too spendy, there are never enough pages of my favorites and most of it just doesn't go with my style. So, I made my own.








Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Whisper White, Strawberry Slush, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana
Ink ~ Strawberry Slush, Pretty in Pink, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Daffodil Delight
Stamp Sets ~ Gorgeous Grunge, Positively Chevron, Mosaic Madness, Label Love
Other Supplies ~ Artisan Label punch, Mosaic punch, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Rhinestone Basic Jewels

***Received Honorable Mention for this challenge!!!

4 comments:

  1. You ROCKED our CAS Sketch Melissa, this is awesome, great colors and dimension too! I'm so glad you joined us for the A.R.T. CAS Sketch challenge this week, and we hope you'll join us again Thursday for a *new* challenge too! ~Cheryl, Senior DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. what gorgeous colour inspiration! I love your take on the Muse's card! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card. I love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us this week at A.R.T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colors! Fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

    ReplyDelete

01 09 10